BEEFEATERS GRILLE & ALE HOUSE, Appleton, WI
Building Use—English Restaurant and Pub
Size—6,671 square feet
Design-Builder—Consolidated Construction Co., Inc.
Architect—Design II Architects
Beefeaters Grille & Ale House is a modern restaurant with old-world craftsmanship. From the massive 20-foot bar to the unique masonry, custom work defines the restaurant’s culinary and ambient personality. Architecture and value engineering met an aggressive timeline and came in 10 percent under budget thanks to the collaborative effort, expertise, and skillful artisanship of the project team and subcontractors.
• 4-inch quarried limestone masonry veneer and EIFS exterior finish
• 825-square-foot authentic English pub
• 500-square-foot “English Garden” private dining area
• 12-inch bronze aluminum ceiling
• 11-feet-high bar constructed of glass, granite, and soft maple with tapered fluted columns
• Floor-to-ceiling river rock fireplace
• Custom soft maple trim and crown moldings and paneling
• Windows were value engineered, saving 10 percent off the original window budget
Beefeaters chose to “Consolidate it” with one call.
Original plans called for the site to be a national chain restaurant. Financial difficulties forced the original developer to pull out, after the foundation had been poured. Consolidated Construction found a new local restaurateur and, along with Design II Architects, designed alternative models that suited the new vision. The final design captures a distinctive flavor, meets the owner’s ambience and functionality requirements, and fits the existing foundation.
The project was completed on a fast-track schedule to coincide with the adjoining hotel’s opening. That demanded architecture and value engineering on the fly and much coordination for the extensive custom work and long lead-time items. The result is a restaurant with a nod to artisan craftsmanship that includes not only custom woodwork, but also custom arched windows, ample masonry, and detailed interior and exterior finishing. The windows were value engineered that saved 10 percent off the original window budget, while still maintaining the quality, intent, and lead-time.
The Beefeaters project was competed on time and 10 percent under budget, and was recognized as a “Project of Distinction” from the Associated Builders and Contractors of Wisconsin.
Scroll through our project photo album by clicking the right or left arrows below.
- Beefeaters Grille & Ale House – Appleton, WI
- Cambria Suites – Appleton, WI
- Central Storage & Warehouse Company – Madison, WI
- CompX International – Grayslake, IL
- Dakota Prairie Refinery – Dickinson, ND
- Gold Gym – Milwaukee, WI
- Hampton Inn – Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Holiday Inn – Bismarck, ND
- Life Church, Germantown, WI
- Marion Body Works – Marion, WI
- Radisson Hotel & Conference Center – Normal, IL
- Sundance Apartments – Bismarck, ND
- Suzy’s Cream Cheesecakes & Distinctive Desserts – Oak Creek, WI
- Weldall Manufacturing
- Werner Electric Supply – Appleton, WI
- Wisconsin Specialty Protein
- Worthington Event Center & Comfort Suites Hotel, Worthington, MN
Read the latest industry trends.